Privacy & Policy
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories and sources of personal information described below cover our current practices, as well as our practices over the previous 12 months.
The categories of personal information we collect depend on the requirements of applicable law, and whether you are:
· an individual or member (“); ”
· a contact for a business that uses the Services, and/or a business we partner with as part of our Services (“”);
· a user of our Services, such as a person who attends a live event, applies for a grant, pays to post a job (collectively, a “”); and/or a general site visitor.
· To become a Member, we collect your title, name, postal address, phone number, email address, and payment information. You may optionally also add your employer information for the purposes of arranging a matching gift, and your professional focus (e.g., role in the opera industry, vocal part, etc), headshot, and personal website for inclusion in our Member Directory.
· To become an Organizational Member, we collect your payment information as well as the title, name, professional title, email address, phone number of the organizational leader, member contact, and optional advertising contact. We will also collect information about your organization, such as its address, website, email, and phone number.
Certain aspects of our Services may require you to upload personal information. For example:
· If you attend a live event or program, we will collect your billing and contact information. If you register for an in-person event or participate in arranged travel programs such as the Patron Extended Travel program, we may collect additional information from you, such as your professional affiliations, membership type, travel booking information, dietary restrictions, and any other information we need to allow you to participate in the event or otherwise enjoy your membership benefits.
· If you post a listing on our Service for an event or job opportunity, we will collect your contact and billing information, and information you submit as part of your listing.
· If you apply for a grant through our third-party partners, we will collect your contact information as well as other information needed to process your application, such as your background and grant proposal narrative.
All users can submit information directly to us for potential inclusion on the Services, including photos, feedback, articles, videos, job or event postings (as described above) and other information (collectively, “”). Any Content you provide to us for inclusion as part of our Services may be publicly accessible. To the extent your Content contains personal information of others, you must ensure you have the consent of all persons involved before uploading the Content to our Services.
We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information, which may include personal information.
We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages, including on Facebook. Any Content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, general location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the
Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices. In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our Services, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities. We may combine your information with information that other people provide when they use our Services.
Cookies are small text files placed in website visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about website visitors’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a visitor has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your user name, location, gender, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services and policy changes;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Providing advertising, analytics and marketing services;
- Processing applications and transactions; and
- Allowing you to post, register for, and participate in events.
Analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services and short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
- Researching and developing products, services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control;
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Enforcing our terms and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations, protecting your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
Provide you with additional content and Services, such as:
- Furnishing you with customized materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities; and
- Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information.
Create and Use De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services.
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party websites.